The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce is a premier business membership organization. In addition to traditional member services, our responsibility includes serving as the lead economic development agency for Flint and Genesee County, marketing tourism, youth and business training, and a Shared Services Center.
Serving the business community for over 100 years, the Chamber works with its partners to:
- Build a strong business climate
- Grow investment and jobs, and retain talent
- Prepare youth for the workplace through innovative learning programs, and bring new economy business education programs to employers and their workforce
- Connect our members to business networking opportunities, money saving benefits and promotional opportunities
- Promote the region as a desirable tourism and meetings destination
- Serve as a Shared Services Center of Excellence that helps businesses and governments operate more efficiently to improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs
- Affect public policy through legislative and political advocacy
- Improve the quality of life and overall economic growth of the region
Collaboration is one of our core strengths. To affect real and lasting change, inclusiveness and collaboration are keys to success. We form partnerships with private businesses, education and governmental agencies at the local, state and federal levels, as well as grant-making foundations to fuel economic growth and bring positive change to the region.